On 08-Feb-07, at 5:41 PM, Anupam Jain wrote:

>> philosophy and does nothing but talk and guys like linus and guido et
>> al are mere code monkeys without a world view. This is not true.
>
> It may be a very popular misconception, but it is not one *I* harbour.

then why are you spreading it?

> And I think FOSS is all about the community. And the community
> welcomes participation.

you still havent understood - FOSS is about sharing - not community.
And it welcomes participation in sharing not participation per se

> I somehow feel something's amiss when we start
> banning people and organisations from any of Linux/FOSS events,
> because their contributions to the community are debatable.

contributions of microsoft to the community are not debatable. They
are nil. But their contributions against the community are legion

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS