On 2/8/07, Anupam Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And I think FOSS is all about the community. And the community
> welcomes participation. I somehow feel something's amiss when we start
> banning people and organisations from any of Linux/FOSS events,
> because their contributions to the community are debatable. Besides
> it's fun to watch a hardcore windows fan see a Linux demo and exclaim
> that he didn't think such things were even possible! The pro windows
> crowd visiting Linux events offers perspective and opinions and comes
> fully vulnerable to a "Shining Linux" onslaught! Isn't that good
> enough?
>
> Regards,
> Anupam Jain

what makes you think that the pro windows crowd will come only if M$
sponsors an linux event.
we can "wow" the pro windows crowd even without having M$ as the main
sponsor.
what kind of perspective and opinions do u think a pro windows user  who is
viewing linux for the first time can provide on linux.

maybe u might consider shipping solitaire and freecell withe all distros to
make them feel t home.

I dont think any community welcomes 100% participation.
communities are made up of like minded people so the right of admission is
usually reserved

Regards
Sriram