On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Manish wrote:
> [snip]
> Thanks.  What I am beginning to wonder is if it's okay under Indian
> law to bundle products (that too from different companies.)  Feels
> like arm twisting to me.. and it hurts. But if it's okay under law
> then I am not sure I have a case.

Playing the Devil's Advocate here for a bit:

When you bought the laptop, you must have both seen advertisements for
it in the papers, trade journals, etc, and received a proforma invoice.
The ads and the invoice would have clearly listed out the features of
the product, and Winduhs would have been included in that list.

Therefore, I can question your capability to refuse to accept one of the
known, listed features of the laptop after delivery.  It would be a
different matter if after receiving the laptop you were surprised out
of your wits and said, ``Oh my $deity, this has Windows!'', but that
didn't happen, did it? :)

Let's replace the case of Winduhs with, say, a bundled Reliance/Tata
PCMCIA data card in a special offer.  Having bought a laptop with one
of those cards, would you then be able to claim a refund on it because
you didn't want to use it?  If not, then how is the case of Winduhs
different?

Let the flames roll!

Regards,

-- Raju