> (a) Have someone from Redhat give you a copy.
>
> 1. Is it legal for someone to distribute a Redhat Enterprise Linux copy that
> he bought from Redhat without any Redhat agreement or restrictions? If yes,
> than again I get back to my old question which is how will he get the
> distro.

RHEL can be distributed to anyone and it is legal. Redhat will provide
support only if you buy a support package from them, which is how they
earn money, but its perfectly legal to distribute RHEL.

> 2. Is it legal for someone from Redhat(assuming he has the access to the
> distro) to distribute it for free without any Redhat agreement or
> restrictions(in short as FOSS)

I'm sure employees distributing unreleased version of redhat would
land in some trouble, but distributing released versions shouldn't be
a problem. Again, I don't know the contents of the employement
agreement at Redhat so I'm just guessing this.

> (b) Use CentOS
>
> Acceptable. Yet, still not RHEL!

Yes, its not RHEL, but CentOS is based on the corresponding RHEL and
should be binary compatible. Atleast that's what they claim. CentOS
takes an RHEL copy and removes mentions of the company's name and
repackages the distribution.

--
Sharninder
http://nomadicrider.com/