Hi,

My thoughts below:

--- On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Chirag Anand
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Can you tell me, that so many FOSS companies are here on this mailing list
| but why you do not come to campuses?
\--

Most of the time if the student is interested in FOSS and has done
*credible* work, they will already have the Industry contacts through
the projects that they work with, and are easily picked. As I said
earlier, people who know their stuff will always have their jobs :)

Typically, in "large" MNCs, it is usually that customer is billed for
mass numbers, but, only very few who know about the project will work
in it. The others like it because they get paid for no work. Most
people also like getting paid and being on "bench", and prefer to be
in this state for years. But, there may not be any progressive growth
as an individual. Maybe, they just like it that way.

But, in FOSS, you have to work, and learn. Curiosity helps.

---
| Or why you do not take freshers (i may
| be wrong here)
\--

Because, people who work on FOSS do it, because they love what they
do! Prior experience helps, because, if you didn't like it in the
first place, you wouldn't be working in it, anyways.

And it is very easy to find out if a student is interested in FOSS or not.

---
| some experience? Ultimately, even if we go to companies like tcs, infy etc.
| we wont be getting any FOSS exposure there.
\--

Why do you think so? Maybe you will be put in a project involving Perl
or Python. They probably just don't know that it is FOSS :)

---
| Just becuase, we have been promoting FOSS/Linux
| in our colleges and have contributed something to FOSS and advocating and
| fighting for it, make us good enough for your firm?
\--

Sure.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com

  • Re: [... Sudev Barar
    • ... Dinesh Shah (દિન ેશ શાહ/द िनेश शाह)
      • ... narendra sisodiya
        • ... Shakthi Kannan
        • ... Dinesh Shah (દિન ેશ શાહ/द िनेश शाह)
          • ... narendra sisodiya
          • ... Prakhar Agarwal
            • ... narendra sisodiya
            • ... Shakthi Kannan