On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Mahesh T. Pai <paiva...@gmail.com> wrote:

> narendra sisodiya said on Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 02:07:00AM +0530,:
>
>  > > If programmer A has made some software , it only has it copyright
>  > notice and no license ! How i can use it ?
>
> If you have obtained a copy of the the sotware in a legal way, you can
> use it the way you want.
>
> If the software was licensed to you, you can use in the ways you are
> allowed to by the license.
>
> If the license is a Free (as in freedom) / FLOSS / FOSS license, (a)
> you got the copy in a legal way, and you can use it the way you want
> to use it, and (b) you can further copy / redistribute / redistribute
> / modify / distribute-modified-versions subject to the license.
>
>  > Also, is it possible for me to change/modify it ?
>
> Depends on the how you got it.
>
> If you merely got a copy, you cannot modify it.
>
> If you licensed it, AND the license permits it, you can modify it.
>
>  > ALso, one more question ! If I code something, is it possible to
>  > give copyright to somebody else with/without his wish ? for
>  > example, I made a code and I want (c) RMS etc,,, is it possible,
>  > forcefully giving copyright :)
>
> I cannot comprehend the utility of this question. You cannot push a
> cup of tea forcefully down another's throat.
>
> There is a utility ! for example, I am making a book Or software, and I
want that all the derivative work must be come under my copyright. for
example Mr A will download my software (copyrighted by me) and will change
to software and will release under same license and same author (that is
me), So I am getting copyrighted work with me without even my knowledge,
Anyone can modify my software and give back modification to me. Whether
somebody wanna do this approach or not , My question is IS IT POSSIBLE ?