On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Raj Mathur <r...@linux-delhi.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 Mar 2010, narendra sisodiya wrote:
>> No , this do not happen, You write a book, most publisher just print
>>  your name as author but copyright and license to distribute is with
>>  publisher. this is must like a IT company where coder (labor) write
>>  code and it goes into company account.
>
> Sorry, copyright vests with the original author.  Pick up any book on
> your shelf and look at the copyright on the publishing page, it will
> invariably be with the author or the author's estate.

NO. Author can decide to give copyrights to anyone.  There are many
Marathi authors who give copyrights of their books to their wife. And
there are some who give to the publisher.
And there are some authors working for social organisations where the
copyrights are given to the organisaitons.

// After the death of the copyright holder(if it is person)- not
necessarily the author-  protecting the rights becomes a legal issue.

( This is from my personal experience. I have to protect rights of
some 100+ books for an author expired some years back ).

//

Regards,
-Sudhanwa