The interpretation referred by Sudhanwa is the distribution of copyrighted
product.

Legally speaking, Copyright in simpler term is a right over the intellectual
property to prevent reproducing copyrighted work without the permission of the
person who creates the Intellectual Property/work or any person who acquires
right over Intellectual Property; and

Licence on other hand is permission to use the Intellectual Property in
specified manner stipulated in Licence agreement.

Licence agreement is the most necessary piece of legal instrument to protect
individual's right over the intellectual property.  Any person aggrieved from
any violation of respective work or terms of agreement may initiate legal
action against the breacher before the courts of law.

Kamal Dave
Advocate