On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:17 PM, abhishek jain
<abhishek.netj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> This is christmas / season time and clean install is not possible as there
> will be downtime, i will have to wait for this until mid jan,
>
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM, Ravi Kumar <ra2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Because we cannot remember the state of files, and cannot be 100% sure that
>> no rootkit or other exploits is left in some corner of server.
>>

> what is* root kit*? please clarify, may be i need to check my server
> manually each suspected file,

Hmmm

If you are not aware of root kits and other similar things, better
reinstall the server RIGHT NOW. Even Christmas time will be too late.
A few hours of downtime for technical reasons is usually acceptable
for all(management and users).

-Sudhanwa

>> we can re-install the whole linux if we want.
>> This is not a compulsion, but an advice to have a clean install.
>>
>> -=Ravi=-
>>

> thanks
> abhishek

www.projects4students.com