well if you cant afford to have a down time you need to do few more thing then what other gurus have said like below : -

1) set up logwatch  to have  full server log for any  traffic
2) get CSF ( config server firewall ) and install as it s having plugin for both Cpanel & Webmin 3) now root kits are scary specially if they have put some kernel root kit so you need to monitor what all ports are opened and what kind of traffic is going out again CSF is very good at that.
4)  Disable FTP server at all
5) Allow only sftp connections
6) Disable the shell access to all of the users on  server
7) Disable Sudo
8) Disable  root access
9) change ssh port
10) get the latest kernel and install it from source and boot server on that kernel until you do a reinstall

Regards