> From: Michele Forrester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:09:29 -0600
> To: iMac List <imac-list@mail.maclaunch.com>
> Subject: Re: Need help troubleshooting iMac G5 Boot Issues
>

> the last few days about the Disk Utility Error - has to do with a
> recent update...did you update yesterday? It seems like it was a
> problem between the new QuickTime and/or Safari - one of the ways to
> get through it is to remove the application Chess (as in the game of
> Chess!) as there is a problem with an update and that application.
> You can do a google search and find lots of info I am sure but if you
> just updated try removing Chess and then running the Disk Utility
> program again.
>

> Michele
>
> --

Thanks Michele,

I honestly don't know when she did the last update. I will do the research
on the Disk Utility and go over tomorrow and see if I can remove Chess (if I
can get it to boot).

It's funny you mention Safari as I tried to access it yesterday and only the
dock icon was to be found. I did a find but no application file. I
downloaded from Apple, reinstalled and all of her old bookmarks were there.
We had this same weird thing with iTunes a few months ago. Maybe the
computer gremlins are attacking!

My mom is 82 and is leery of letting her computer out of her site. But think
it's going to have to go off to the Mac hospital.

kt