On Feb 2, 2006, at 2:52 AM, Charles Martin wrote:

...do a find to remove ALL TRACES of *any* file with the word "norton" or "symantec" in it -- Norton's uninstaller doesn't do the whole job. Now remember -- NEVER INSTALL A SYMANTEC PRODUCT ON YOUR MAC EVER AGAIN. Can't stress this enough.

Chas,
I thought TechToolPro was good. I've been using it along with DiskWarrior (altho very seldom). I do realize that Norton had some problems with Macs earlier on, but thought by now they'd licked all the problems. Can you be more specific? This warning is like saying "Don't trust [insert politician of choice] and don't vote for him/ her." without giving reasons.
thanks,
-don

-donald henry hinkle

"Everywhere I go, I'm asked if I think the universities stifle writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a best seller that could have been prevented by a good teacher.' (Flannery O'Connor)