>       I thought TechToolPro was good. I've been using it along with
>DiskWarrior (altho very seldom). I do realize that Norton had some
>problems with Macs earlier on, but thought by now they'd licked all
>the problems.

TechTool is by MicroMat, DiskWarrior is by Alsoft. Neither are
Norton/Symantec products, both are good products.

I'll leave it up to Chas to tell you why Norton/Symantec products should
be avoided, but suffice to say, I agree with him (and not just on the Mac
side of things, avoid them in the Windows world as well... Ghost is the
exception to the rule, but then, they didn't create it, they just bought
it from someone else, and haven't had it long enough to screw it up...
kind of like why Norton Disk Utilities was good in the beginning, because
it was still basically Central Point's MacTools, once Symantec had it
long enough, they crapped it up)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>