Nick Sayer wrote:

> > I am pleased to announce the availability of a selectable hierarchy
> > separator for Cyrus IMAP.  Up until now, Cyrus used a netnews-style
> > hierarchy, where '.' was used as the hierarchy delimiter -- thus
> > prohibiting '.' from appearing in mailbox names.  This release allows a
> > UNIX-style '/' separator to be used in the same fashion that David
> > Fuchs' (and derivative) patches.
>
> Hey great! This will let me work around MacOS X's Mail program's stupidity
> in this regard. Before I set up alt namespace, I couldn't get to any of my
> folders besides the INBOX! Doesn't anyone read an RFC anymore before they
> write software? Sheesh.

Who?  Me or the Mac guys?

Are you saying that the server doesn't display them or allow access to
them, or that your client can't deal with the namespace/hier-sep change?

Do this to see what the server is doing:

1. either telnet to the server and login, or connect with imtest
2. enter: a NAMESPACE
3. enter: b LIST "" *
4. enter: c LOGOUT

This will show you the namespace and all folders that you have access
to.  If what gets returned is incorrect, please let me know.  Otherwise,
try refreshing the folder list in your client, or setup a different
profile.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127