>    My intent right now is to keep the on-disk structure the same, but CMU
>    _might_ have different ideas.  There has been talk about making '/' the
>    default and '.' an option, because it would make the code cleaner and
>    possibly a little faster.  But, this may or may not ever happen.
>
> I think performance is the only reason to change the on-disk
> structure.
>
> Since we're unlikely to switch to / soon, I have an organizational
> bias to keep with what we have now.  If the code gets simplier and
> faster switching, we'll evaluate that.
>
> But we'll probably stick with this general idea for the near future.

This is pretty much what I was expecting.  I would also imagine
that without a good tool migrate several thousands of mailboxes
changing the on-disk structure is not really an option.  I
personally believe that we would see a performance gain by
changing the on-disk structure, but believe that can also be
delayed till some time down the road.

-- Michael --