--On Friday, July 06, 2001 12:48:13 PM -0400 Ken Murchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Hey great! This will let me work around MacOS X's Mail program's
>> stupidity in this regard. Before I set up alt namespace, I couldn't get
>> to any of my folders besides the INBOX! Doesn't anyone read an RFC
>> anymore before they write software? Sheesh.
>
> Who?  Me or the Mac guys?
>
> Are you saying that the server doesn't display them or allow access to
> them, or that your client can't deal with the namespace/hier-sep change?

Mac OS X's Mail is evolved from Mail.app in NeXT/OPENSTEP. I don't remember
IMAP being supported in OPENSTEP 4.2, so this is something that Apple added.

I am running Cyrus v1.5.19 and Apple's Mail _does_ have problems with it. I
can see the entire hierarchy, but can't access anything but INBOX.

Other mail clients do not have these troubles with this server, so I can
pretty safely say that it's Apple's problem. :-)

I would bet that nobody at Apple ever thought that someone would be silly
enough to use a "." as a separator. hehe  They probably got as far as UW
and stopped there once things "worked" with it.