Ken Murchison wrote:

> Nick Sayer wrote:
>>Hey great! This will let me work around MacOS X's Mail program's stupidity
>>in this regard. Before I set up alt namespace, I couldn't get to any of my
>>folders besides the INBOX! Doesn't anyone read an RFC anymore before they
>>write software? Sheesh.
>>

> Who?  Me or the Mac guys?

Sorry for the ambiguity. The problem lies in the MacOS X Mail client,
NOT in cyrus. When you try and select a subfolder, you get an error back
that "folder/subfolder" is not an acceptable mailbox name to the server.
Well, of course it's not! :-) alt namespace was required before I could
look at anything other than INBOX because, for example, I would get an
error saying that it couldn't select "INBOX/Sent". Now I can get to all
of the first level folders because they can be selected without
separator chars, but I anticipate that I will be able to get to all of
them with the unix separator patch. But if Apple had been able to read
an RFC, none of it would be necessary at all.