> I am pleased to announce the availability of a selectable hierarchy
> separator for Cyrus IMAP.  Up until now, Cyrus used a netnews-style
> hierarchy, where '.' was used as the hierarchy delimiter -- thus
> prohibiting '.' from appearing in mailbox names.  This release allows a
> UNIX-style '/' separator to be used in the same fashion that David
> Fuchs' (and derivative) patches.

Out of curiosity, is the Alternate Namespace approach
so as not to affect the on-disk structure going to be
the permanent future of this patch or this an interim
approach to maintain backwards compatibility while we
transition our installations?

I'm assuming the latter, but before I get too far
ahead of myself I thought I'd better ask.

-- Michael --