From: "Koenck, Chris" <ckoe...@okoboji.k12.ia.us>
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:14 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] Quick Survey - Student Accounts

I would sure appreciate any responses to the following
questions regarding student passwords when you get a chance

1.
What is your procedure when a student forgets their
logon password? Who handles this request?
THE REQUEST WOULD BE HANDLED BY MYSELF AND THE TECHNOLOGY STAFF.

2.
Do you maintain a list of student passwords, and if so,
who do you share that list with?  YES, STUDENTS ARE ASSIGNED A PASSWORD THAT IS
RECORDED.  IT IS SELF GENERATED THOUGH OUR SIS SYSTEM.

3.
How often do you change student passwords?  THIS IS DONE BY REQUEST ONLY.

I am just curious what other districts are doing regarding
this problem. It's not a big deal at this point in the game, but it seems
to be an issue during the first few weeks of school and of course that is when
we are bombarded by a million other things.

Chris Koenck
Director
of Technology
Okoboji
Community Schools
Milford,
IA 51351

Keith Stoeber
Network Administrator
Cross Country Coach / Assistant Track Coach
Sioux Central CSD
4440 US Highway 71
Sioux Rapids, IA 50585
(P) 712-283-2571 x 5900
(F) 712-283-2285

"Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest
abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream
which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and
greater strength for our nation." - John F. Kennedy

Most people run a race to see who is fastest.  I run a race to see who
has the most guts.  ~Steve Prefontaine