From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us
[mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of Koenck, Chris
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 9:13 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] Quick Survey - Student Accounts

I would sure appreciate any responses to the following questions
regarding student passwords when you get a chance

1.       What is your procedure when a student forgets their logon
password? Who handles this request?
If I don't have the password, I reset one on the server.

2.       Do you maintain a list of student passwords, and if so, who do
you share that list with?
I try to keep a list of password in case they forget, or if I have to go
in under their account.

3.       How often do you change student passwords?
Only change them when they come to the HS or if they forget.

I am just curious what other districts are doing regarding this problem.
It's not a big deal at this point in the game, but it seems to be an
issue during the first few weeks of school and of course that is when we
are bombarded by a million other things...

Chris Koenck

Director of Technology

Okoboji Community Schools

Milford, IA 51351