Hi Olivier,

On 7/18/06, Steph Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm probably being dim here, but how is this going to pan out for BC? Either
now, or when PHP 6 comes along and we (presumably) go from PhpDate to
Php::Date?  (What am I missing?)

PHPDate would still exists as an alias for BC. The advantage of
namespace in that matter would be to use a default namespace, ie:
'using namespace php'. Then you are allowed to use the Date object as
you will without prefixing.

So in 6.0, PHPDate, PHP::PHPDate and PHP:Date would all be the same
thing. It sounds stupid, but it does not cause any BC breaks, and any
clashes in PHP 5.2 without namespaces.

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like a mess :)

(-1, if it counts)

Sincerely,
Olivier