So what happened to the "Open" in "OpenSource" or is PHP now something
else now?

btw. 95% of Zend users propably don't need unicode but there are a lot
more people out there who can't really use PHP right now since it
doesn't have full unicode support. The percents pulled out of sleeve
would be rather the opposite with all japanese/chinese/etc. asian
countries included.. ;)

--Jani