Robert Cummings schrieb:
The onus should be on consumers of my API to use it properly, not on me
to jump through hoops to make sure they gave me the correct data at
every step of the way. I stopped holding hands in grade 3 or so.

Still you force any defensive coder to repeat explicit type checks and type casts all over whenever one of your API functions is called.

Regards,

Stefan

--
 >e-novative> - We make IT work for you.

 e-novative GmbH - HR: Amtsgericht München HRB 139407
 Sitz: Wolfratshausen - GF: Dipl. Inform. Stefan Priebsch

 http://www.e-novative.de - GnuPG Key: 0x7DB67F7F