On 12.03.2010, at 22:20, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> Well, these tests should just be removed/rewritten.
>> Php-tests should test php, not libraries
>
> That's easy to say - but how exactly you're going to test functionality of,
> say. ext/intl without testing the underlying ICU library?

Well, here's the way I see it:

Extensions (including ext/intl) declare their API and tests are made againt
this API. No more and no less.

If, for example, some error-text comes directly from underlying library and
extension doesn't have control over it it shouldn't be part of API.
In this case we can test that "some error-text was returned" but we shouldn't
test for exact text-match