Hi!

That's why we'd need to add some section to select the minimum version
required to run the test.

How minimum version would help? If 5.2 requires one test, 5.3 another and trunk another - you either have to have 3 tests or declare that only thing you're testing is trunk (which is obviously a very bad idea).

Considering what I said above about version check..why would you need
branches in it? And what/how does it matter what the tests output if it
needs to be same in any PHP version anyway..?

It doesn't need to be the same now. Actually, for a lot of tests it isn't, for one reason or another (mostly error messages and stuff like that now, but there's more).
s...@zend.com   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: s...@zend.com