Am 06.06.2011 13:41, schrieb Pierre Joye:
You cannot say that any kind of bugs prevent the waste majority to
update from a dead cow to the current stable branch. And I'm not sure
if it is actually a bug or a badly documented setting.

Its not the bug that prevents moving forward but the fix of it!

[2009-08-07 07:40 UTC] j...@php.net
> Obviously the documentation is wrong, it's PHP_INI_SYSTEM in sources
> since fix of bug #43227 for PHP 5.2.7.

The fix of bug #43227 changed the setting from PHP_INI_PERDIR to PHP_INI_SYSTEM, which is not a fix but a workaround for something (ereg), which will probably be removed in the future and already is deprecated.