Pierre Joye wrote:
????
>  http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
>  Win32 Binary IS one of the few binaries Apache supply!!! Some government
>  sites will ONLY allow that version to be installed:(
>  PHP5.2 installs have then been approved for use with the official apache
>  install, so are you saying we need to go back to even earlier builds of
>  PHP5.2 to work with this?
I will repeat it a last time here, as I told it too many times
already, including to you. These binaries are convenience builds and
are by no mean official builds. That's not my word but the apache's
guys.

Please can you provide a link where THAT statement is made!

The download page only makes reference to checking the security of a download by checking the signatures, and it is this level of security that is used is a statement that any of the downloads are 'clean' from what ever mirror source they are downloaded from. There is nothing on http://apache.favoritelinks.net//httpd/binaries/win32/README.html that says that the windows builds are anything other than approved distributions of the current builds of apache. Installation note for WAP have pointed new users to start with the apache download for MANY years so that is where new users will always start, and when an update is released, windows users are redirected once again to the download page.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL