Pierre Joye wrote:
If you can convince the IT departments of some of the archaic council sites
>  I am having to deal with that they do not have to stress test every part of
>  a new system ... It's exactly the same argument FROM them as you are giving
>  below as to why we should NOT provide support!
>  Fortunately the problem is being eased by the replacement of the legacy
>  windows systems with Linux servers but that is still slow going in some
>  customer sites.
There is zero difference, windows or linux does not matter at the
language level. If they don't want to migrate to 5.3, win or linux
does not matter.

Anyway, that's off topic:)
What makes you say that - has PHP5.3 suddenly started working with production releases of Apache on windows? Some site will not use third party builds which is the WHOLE problem of PHP5.3 on windows ... only PHP5.2 is available to run with a stock install of Apache.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL