Pierre Joye wrote:
We use apache and 5.3 smoothly and with the recent addition of rwlock
in apc on windows, it runs even better and faster.

I'm sorry but unless you provide bugs report with clear reproduce
where we can actually try to help you, there is no chance to get
anywhere with this kind of discussions.

Now I would suggest to use bugs.php.net to report any issue you have
on apache on windows with PHP.

Does that include reporting windows.php.net pages?
http://windows.php.net/download/ at the present time this is very clearly directing users that they have to use VC6 builds for Apache and they are only provided for PHP5.2.17

*WE* recommend using Apachelounge builds of apache, but some sites simply will not use that as it is not the recommended build from Apache. They religiously follow the rules printed on the official distributions and the download page is an official document as far as they are concerned, so they are being told to use VC6 builds. Apachelounge is not considered an official apache site :(

If the situation has now changed where is this documented? "Do *NOT* use VC9 version with apache.org binaries" is very clearly stated on the download page.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL