Pierre Joye wrote:
>  Please can you provide a link where THAT statement is made!
Chech the php windows internals list archive as well as the httpd
devel ones. This statement has been written numerous times in both
lists.

PERHAPS such important information could be made available to REAL USERS? There has never been any public statement to that effect!

Until you came on the scene I had never even had to look at compiling anything in the FWAP or FLAP stack, everything just worked from the precompiled downloads linked to by the tutorials. EVEN the php manual STILL starts a windows apache install with a download of the .msi from apache! That is one of the first hit on google and bing for "install apache php on windows" and every one of the links I checked starting with Drupal say "Download the Apache Windows MSI Installer from Apache.org". I've updated my own FWAP installation tutorial to use the Apachelounge installer but one has to go a long way down the google or bing results to find any reference to apachelounge at all :(

So a few people saying that this is not an official version of Apache makes no difference to the probably millions of users who follow the directions to install Apache and then find problems adding PHP to it ... and start asking 'where is the VC6 version of PHP5.3' everywhere other than on the PHP lists.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL