Pierre Joye wrote:
However I ask you, strongly, now to stop to pollute this thread with
totally unrelated topics. Thanks for your understanding.

This is something of a rather important point since PHP has always been very strongly related to Apache so it is totally related to a discussion of moving PHP forward. Currently the mainstream information is so far adrift of the present situation that at it needs to be addressed. A starting point would be to bring all of the PHP manual information in line with the current situation and point people to the preferred installation paths rather than telling people to use steps that do not actually get to a working PHP5.3 setup? And starting to push out 5.4 will increase peoples requests to getting things working with exiting windows/apache/php5.2 setups.

Does anybody other than Pierre disagree with the point that currently the mainstream windows installation paths are something of a mess and needs to be updated in some way?

I've been updating my own installation guides, but I had not realised just how many other PHP projects provide windows installation guides that no longer work. Not having been using windows myself on new builds for some time, I had not updated and tested clean installs and it's only recently I've found how out of date things are :( I've been getting emails from people asking why my guides were not working hence the need to address this and get back to a working situation.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL