On 22/07/14 15:30, Jonny Stirling wrote:
> PHP6 / 7 / whatever, does not exist, and will not exist (like I said) until
> official releases as the next major version are put out. Tis a pretty
> simple solution for a problem that does not actually exist in the present.

PHP6 existed - it was simply never released formally even as an alpha
due to the conflict between what was planned and how it was being
implemented. There is a lot of material within the PHP archive which
document it. SOME has been lost due to the various changes to the
website handling, but that material is archived elsewhere. Now people
are saying PHPNext, or PHP6/7 so extracting what relates to new
discussions on the next version is a problem. phpng has provided another
handle for these discussions, and that can be used to filter the growing
volume of material, but there is not a suitable handle to lump the NEW
discussions on PHPNext together. PHP7 is simply the next obvious hook
given that PHP6 is contaminated with such a large existing history.
Making a decision now simply clears up what is currently an untenable
situation!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL