Zeev Suraski wrote (on 22/07/2014):
I think the way it's laid out right now makes sense.  Let's not try to
sweep this under the carpet - we two mutually exclusive options and we
need to decide between them.

How is laying out the arguments more clearly "sweeping it under the carpet"? The *outcomes* may be mutually exclusive, but the *discussion* is about various issues, and I don't think the current RFC does a good job of summarising those.

Note that I'm not asking for it to be expanded; in fact, I think it should be shorter, and stick to listing the key points - anyone wanting the details of particular people's views can check out the mailing list archives.