Maybe then an option should be added to vote "not now" or similar. You're
forcing people into a decision for this or that when some may not wish for
the decision to be made right now, and without the ability to abstain from
either option.

Neither of you are going to change your minds anyway, and since it's your
choice, all I can do is make the points now in hopes that they'll make
sense down the line.

The reason for the provided post being 5.7 is because it wasn't changed
when it really should have been and somebody took it to be literally
without enough research. Fix the cause, not the effect, update the version
file to be show that it's the ng dev branch.

P.s. no complaining when the bike-shedding on this topic returns in a few
years ;)

Jonny.