Alain Durand wrote:

> IMHO, what need to happen is the following:
>
> -1. Make an in-depth study of the consequences of introducing
>      addresses with different ranges.

That's definitely a good idea because that way we might be able to
replace all current local addresses with a single type of local addresses
with a Range or Scope field like the multicast addresses.
It would looks more consistent, more flexible, more scalable, and could
even help the WG move the current situation forward more smoothly and
smartly.