> As a I stated in an earlier message, I believe it is okay to recycle
> at DS given the granularity of detail in the interoperability reports.
> http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/nd-auto-implementations.txt
> clearly shows that the interoperation is being measured at the message
> level and not at the bit level.

Okay, thanks.  Then it is probably okay to keep these flags in terms
of the standardization process, even if we don't have the
corresponding implementations at all.  I personally would like to have
a closer review process, but as Pekka said, this is apparently what we
have, and I'm not intending to fight against it (at least for
rfc2462bis).

(wearing an editor's hat) through the discussion so far, it seems to
me that we should keep both the flags.  The reasons are:

- there seems to be no process issue (about interoperable
  implementations)
- the other points I raised to deprecate the flags were (apparently)
  not convincing enough
- we may need some additional consideration for security concerns
  Alain raised, but I think we can deal with them without deprecating
  the flags:
  + as (implicitly?) described in the node requirements draft, it's
    optional to implement DHCPv6 in the first place, and the node req
    document warns administrators about the implication about turning
    on the M flag.  Perhaps the node req draft could also add the
    security concerns, and/or rfc2462bis can describe the issues in
    its security consideration section.
  + after all, the entire autoconfiguration mechanism using RA
    (without SEND) is vulnerable to attacks from a malicious party in
    the same link.  It might be true that the concerns raised by Alain
    increases the vulnerability, but I guess we can accept it by noting
    the concerns in the security consideration section.

I hope this is acceptable for everyone.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.