> As Jinmei-san pointed out, RFC 3736 provides implementation
 > guidelines for servers, relay agents and clients.
 >
 > After reading this thread, I think the text currently in RFC2461bis
 > is headed in the right direction; that is, it explicitly
 > references "a subset of DHCPv6" and cites RFC 3736 for the
 > definition of that subset.  However, as Greg points out,
 > it's not necessarily the case that RFC 3736 was used in the
 > implementation of that subset.

=> That's exactly right. I'll see if I can improve
the text in 2461bis.

Hesham

 > - Ralph
 >
 > At 12:46 PM 8/12/2004 +1000, Greg Daley wrote:
 > >Hi Daniel,

 > me RFC 3736 is
 > associated with
 > >>
 > >>You mean we can always set O flag ? I don't make sense why RFC3736
 > >>should not be associated with setting the O flag.
 > >
 > >It does make sense, since RFC 3736 is for servers and relays,
 > >not hosts.
 > >
 > >If an RFC 3315 server is available on a network, but network
 > >policy discourages use of stateful addresses, we may
 > >wish to advertise O=on, M=off.
 > >
 > >>RFC2461bis says O flag (when set) indicates a subset of
 > DHCPv6 [RFC3736]
 > >>is available for autoconfiguration of other
 > >>(non-address) information...
 > >
 > >This is wrong.
 > >
 > >a subset of DHCP is available, but this doesn't imply
 > >RFC3736.
 > >
 > >Greg

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.