Hi,

On Jun 8, 2006, at 4:35 AM, ext Pars Mutaf wrote:

Hello,

Is there a standard way of constructing
an interface ID from human name?

Ignoring for now if this is good or bad idea, but you might look at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-name- lookups-15.txt

There is a mechanism there to create multicast addresses based on a host name that might be a starting point.

I would like to configure an interface ID
hash(ParsMutaf| 1) and if it collides
hash(ParsMutaf| 2) etc..

You can try reach or locate me
by sending a packet to (please do not
hesitate):

subnetprefix | hash(ParsMutaf| 1) or
subnetprefix | hash(ParsMutaf| 2)

The big usage problem here is that without knowing your "subnetprfix" it won't be very useful. That leads me to wonder how useful it would be to find you.

Is there a standard way of doing this?
For example there should be space between
first and last name? etc.