Based on the discussion I have seen so far, having support for both is ok for
desktop kind of machines which hardly move out of premise but with the advent
of nomadic devices, I feel this is going to make it difficult for the clients
to make the right choice safely.

1) What could be the scenario wherein M=0 and O=1 will be useful from
deployment standpoint?

2) Static address assignment, RA-based assignment and DHCPv6 are three
different ways to provision addresses to clients. Static and the other two are
contrary to each other. But can a client handle both RA-based as well as DHCPv6
based address assignment? Though it may not be a viable scenario, it will most
likely occur for various reasons - misconfiguration, unauthorized servers and
what not. In such a scenario how can the client reliably choose the address and
settings (like DNS servers) and be able to function properly.

3) If home scenario is really what RAs will be most useful for, RAs can
straightaway assign prefixes rather than having M/O bits. On the contrary,
these(CPE) are the devices for which recommendation should be carefully made as
any revision of proposal is going to cause lot of interop pain.

4) If RAs are deemed to be useful for non-home scenarios as well, securing
against attacks should be done for both RA as well as DHCPv6 which might be a
significant problem for clients to be solved. This could be a reason to go with
one way rather than both.

Both DHCP and RA play a crucial role as they both occur before network
discovery. So it would be significantly harder for clients to decide whether
they are on a network to allow RAs or not. For managed clients, it's the
administrators nightmare. Of course, had it been wireless networks it can be
associated with SSID and managed but even otherwise, it is going to involve
some bootstrapping/provisioning issues. From network administrators point of
view, in non-home network scenario, DHCPv6 might seem more appropriate but
given that a client may not know what to expect out of the network, it would
have to understand both

5) I'm not sure if it has happened in the past or not. But perhaps since this
group comprises the significant portion of the technical community, it would
perhaps help to put out some deployment guidelines as well which would help
implementers to choose the right model to support the technology.

Thanks
Kadir