On 16 okt 2008, at 23:36, David W. Hankins wrote:

Iljitsch, the last time we discussed this (on nanog@), we argued
technical points until you finished with "I like RA."  I will again
admit freely that I can't (or won't) change what you do or do not
like.  It has never been my intent to adjust your desires.

I think this time you are leading us through an argument in circles,
we have discussed these points overmuch, and so I have no plan to
reply further.

It's not a question of who likes what. It's a question of sound engineering. Tgere is no excuse for doing something that is unnecessary just because you're too lazy to look in the place that will tell you whether it's necessary.

If the whole world ends up using DHCPv6 and nobody wants stateless autoconfig, I'm sure router vendors will enable the M and O bits by default and there is no problem for you, so I don't see why you are so pig headed about this issue.

In fact, why don't they just do that today? I'll happily set the bits to 0 on my network if that gets rid of the DHCPv6 requests that I don't want.