On 4 aug 2009, at 17:08, Joel M. Halpern wrote:

And given the deployment assumptions, if we hope for LISP to be usable over IPv6, it can not depend for correct operation ona router feature that is not yet being delivered.

I am really starting to lose my patience here!!!

Even IF existing implementations don't put any value in the flow label, the LISP spec can specify that this MUST be done for LISP and then there will be flow labels in all LISP packets.

Obviously it will take some time for the router implementations to start hashing on the flow label, but then again, it will also take some time for the traffic from a single ITR to a single ETR (or the other way around, whatever) to need more than 1 Gbps so the load balancing issue becomes more than academic.

Come on, people! If we can't even get stuff right in fairly green fields, how can we expect to get ANYTHING right EVER??