> You have one interpretation of Loopback with BGP described above.
> Further, use of Loopback by BGP is an orthogonal discussion to the /127
> issue.  So really, we do not understand the full scope of the problem
> you are trying to address.

as you say, the loopback discussion is a 'red herring.'

the subject is really simple.  on p2p inter-router links many of us use
/31s and /127s.  they work well and meet our operational needs.  there
are some documents which muddy the use of /127s.  we want it made very
clear that /127s on inter-router p2p links are supported.

randy