On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Miya Kohno <mko...@juniper.net> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> According to the rfc4861, "off-link" is defined as follows:
> "the opposite of "on-link"; an address that is not assigned to any interfaces
> on the specified link."
>
> BGP checks if an eBGP peer is directly connected by comparing the peer
> address against directly connected interface addresses.
>
> So I was afraid it could be incompatible.

not arguing that, though for the purposes of the router's view these 2
addresses are in fact adjacent on the same link.

dthayler's issue is purely (I think) semantic with respect to the ipv6
rfc portions of the discussion... 'if you say slash-27, you must deal
with all this other baggage. if you say off-link addresses which may
happen to be adjacent, you do not.'

is it 'ok' to define this term differently in each document/context?

-chris