From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Pascal Thubert (pthubert)
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 3:19 AM
To: Pekka Savola; Alain Durand
Cc: john.lough...@nokia.com; nar...@us.ibm.com; ipv6@ietf.org; Brian E
Carpenter; ed.jankiew...@sri.com
Subject: RE: Router redirects in Node Requirements document

Hi Pekka:

Redirect is almost useless on non-transitive links (NBMA) at large, not
only P2P.
Radios being non-transitive, you'll see more and more of those beasts.
And a radio router usually uses only radios. So there's a whole family
of routers that have strictly no use of redirect.
If we decide to must something, I would thus associate the MUST to the
categories of interface that the router supports.

Best,

Pascal