From: Ole Troan [mailto:ichiroumak...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ole Troan
Sent: August-19-10 9:02 AM
To: Alan Kavanagh
Subject: Re: Consensus call on adopting:draft-krishnan-6man-rs-mark-06.txt

Alan,

> Don't you have that same problem regardless of the LIO?
>
> If you have an IPv6 host directly connected to say your loving Residential
> Gateway and it sends 3 RS messages you have the same issue, right?
>
> Also, the likelihood of losing 3 RS messages are highly unlikely, you would
> have better probability doing the Lottery and winning!

SLAAC works with periodic RAs. so in the above scenario SLAAC would work, it
would just take a little longer.
if what is proposed in rs-mark is only to use 'triggered by RS' unicast RA's
then I think you are breaking how SLAAC is intended to work.
if you _do_ send periodic multicast advertisements even without PIO options,
you should be OK I think.

cheers,
Ole