> I don't claim to represent all views on IPv6. I *do* claim that a view
> that "more addresses" is the only justification for IPv6 is reasonably
> widespread.

you don't want mandatory ipsec, longer battery life, ...? :)

96 more bits, no magic  -- gaurab

the problems existing operators (who just want to add v6 and not go to
the cathedral of ipv6 religion) hit in deployment are 96 more bits and
not all the features they use in ipv4.  dhcp and vrrp, as you mention.
but net management would be nice too, though that is not as much ietf
issue.

again, we need to make it EASY for people to deploy ipv6 on their
networks.

randy