-----Original Message-----
From: ipv6-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipv6-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
sth...@nethelp.no
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 5:58 PM
To: i...@69706e6720323030352d30312d31340a.nosense.org
Cc: v6...@ops.ietf.org; ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: Re: ping-pong phenomenon with p2p links & /127 prefixes

>I'm quite willing to believe that there are large networks that want
>IPv6 RA functionality, want LAN segments to be locked to 64 bits, etc.
>But please don't assume these views universal - and I won't assume
>that *my* views are universal. Thank you.

Since when does an ND RA locks LAN segments to 64 bits?  I have already
mailed this /127 thread during the IETF 78 week that an RA can be
configured such that the RA does not send any PIO and signals the
clients on the link to send traffic to the default router.  Some SP
networks such as the cable broadband network has host behind two
different cable modems as off-link to each other and such networks do
provision the RA with no PIO.  I also pointed to our document in RFC
5942 that discusses ND off-link.

Hemant