Mikael Abrahamsson <swm...@swm.pp.se> writes:

> Well, it's not my interest. I want tracability and security, and I can
> only do that if my customers only communicate to each other via L3 via
> my router. I never want customer to talk direct L2 to each other.
> Q-in-q is expensive to terminate so I still want them to be in the
> same vlan.

Even if you have equipment which can terminate q-in-q (or some other
tunneling solution like EoMPLS is used), customers will likely require
dual-stack for a while.

If you want to give customers public IPv4 addresses and they each get
their own broadcast domain, you will have to give them 4 public IPv4
addresses per 1 usable address. At this point in time such a deployment
model is rather unattractive.

Combining a shared-VLAN model for IPv4 with a separate-VLAN model for
IPv6 for the same customers seems difficult to me.

/Benny