On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Hesham Soliman wrote:

=> Sorry I missed that email and a few others. But you're trying to optimise something that already exists? I don't see the benefit of removing code at the expense of having less reliable networks. I say less reliable because ND allows for detecting changing conditions on the link without having to rely on a central server. Doesn't look like a worthwhile activity IMHO.

I don't want to remove code in the end nodes, I want to simplify the implementation of filtering in L2 devices in the ISP access network.

Most vendors do not have this support yet for IPv6.

You might not think this is worthwile because you don't have this deployment model in your network. That doesn't mean it's not worthwile to ISPs with millions of subscribers who use an L2 ETTH deployment model.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se