> However, it is NOT required that flow labels are strictly unique - a
> birthday-paradox rate of duplicate flow labels really won't
> matter. I suggest (and this is a new suggestion that's been in my
> mind for a few days) that the uniqueness requirement can and should
> be relaxed to 'unique with high probability'.

Right. the way I've been thinking about that is that traditional
Flows, ala NSIS/RSVP where a flow setup protocol is in use, does still
require uniqueness.

But other uses of the Flow Label outside of that do not have that
requirement.

So, if you do traditional flows, you have to be sure to generate Flow
Labels carefully.  The default usage outside of signaling does not
have the same requirement.

Thomas